Sunday, September 7, 2008

My first Tokyo wake-up...

Let me set the scene of the moment…I’m still here in bed on Sunday morning (7am-ish), in my hotel room in Tokyo, slightly jet-lagged (i.e. absolutely exhausted, but somehow awake) AND I’m watching Rachael try to follow-along to some Japanese “morning exercises” on a local television station. There’s a lot of arm swinging and marching in circles going on, and a lot of happy little Japanese phrases being shouted out (yes, some of them by Rachael). I am pretty sure that Richard Simmons was the primary influence of this routine; it definitely has a “Sweatin’ to the Oldies” kind of vibe to it. So cute, though. Apparently, the country is taking a preemptive strike against the looming obesity epidemic. This little exercise show is on the coattails of another program (obviously geared for young children) focused on vegetables farm-to-table!

More arm swinging...and counting to four in Japanese over and over and over and over...

I've been craving a departure from my daily routine. I think I've found it. :)

No comments: